ALOO BADIYAN RASEDAAR RECIPE
1. 500 gm aloo (potatoes) – peeled, boiled
2. 5-6 badiyan
3. 2 tbsp oil
4. 1 tsp cumin seeds
5. 1 tbsp salt
6. 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
7. 1/4 cup yogurt-beaten smooth
8. 2 1/2 cups water
9. 1 tbsp coriander leaves
How to make Aloo Badiyan Rasedaar :
- Break the potatoes, by holding them in your palm and closing your fists.
- Heat oil and add the badis in very briefly-just put them in, quickly turn them over and
remove from oil, keep aside. They should barely get darkened.
- In the same oil, add cumin, when it splutters, add the potatoes and fry over the high flame
but just slightly. Add salt, turmeric and badis.
- Stir-fry till mixed well. Add enough water to cover the potatoes and badis, bring to a boil
and simmer, till the badis get soft, but hold their shape.
- Add the yogurt and mix well and serve the aloo badi curry immediately garnished
with coriander leaves.