ALOO BAINGAN RECIPE
Ingredients of Bagara Baingan:
- 1/2″ piece of ginger root
- 2 Minced green chilies
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 4 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Black mustard seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Whole cumin seeds
- 1/8 tsp Asafetida
- 6 MD Potatoes, boiled & cubed
- 1 tsp Turmeric1 tbsp Coriander
- 1 sm Eggplant in 1″ cubes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
Preparation of Aloo Baingan:
- Combine ginger, green chilies & coconut in a blender with 1/3 cup of water till smooth.
Add garam masala & pulse for a few seconds. Set aside.
- Heat ghee. When hot, add mustard & cumin seeds & fry for a few seconds. Stir in the
asafetida & almost immediately put in the potatoes. Stir fry for 5 minutes Then pour in
the mixture from the blender. Add the turmeric, coriander, eggplant, salt & half the
fresh coriander. Mix very gently so as not to break the vegetables.
- Reduce heat & fry very gently until the liquid has evaporated. In the aloo baigan mix
lemon juice & remaining coriander greens & serve.