ALOO DAHI WALE RECIPE
1. 500gm aloo (potatoes) boiled and peeled
2. 1 tbsp ginger-finely sliced
3. a pinch asafoetida
4. 1 tsp cumin seeds
5. 1/2 tsp garam masala
6. 2 tsp coriander powder
7. 2 tsp salt
8. 1/2 tsp chilli powder
9. 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
10. 1/2 cup yogurt (curd)
11. 3-4 green chillies
12. 2 tbsp clarified butter
13. 1 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- Break the aloo (potatoes), by holding each in the palm of your hand and closing the fist.
Keep these unevenly broken potatoes aside until further use.
- Heat the ghee, add cumin and asafoetida. When the cumin splutters, add ginger and sauté
till slightly fried.
- Lower the flame, add yogurt 1 tbsp at a time, stirring vigorously until all of it is well blended.
- Add garam masala, coriander, salt, turmeric and chilli powder. Stir a few times until
well mixed, add potatoes and green chillies, turn around over high heat, until they
look slightly fried.
- Add about 2 cups water, bring the mixture to a boil, and then simmer uncovered for about
- Serve aloo dahi wale hot, garnished with coriander leaves.