- 1 cup dosa rice or sona musuri rice
- ½ cup paper avalakki / poha
- ¼ cup urad dal / uddina bele
- ½ tsp menthe
- Salt as needed
- Oil as needed
HOW TO MAKE DOSA BATTER
- Soak urad dal, rice and poha in a separate bowl.
- Combine rice and methi seeds and soak it with enough water for at-least 4 hours. drain the rice along with fenugreek seeds and blend in a mixer. Make sure to make a smooth paste using required water only.
- Drain and add poha to the same blender to make a smooth paste.
- Grind along with rice batter and grind to a smooth thick paste.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Drain the urad dal and blend in a mixer also note that urad dal has to be blended separately.
- Blend to a smooth paste using 3-4 tbsp of water.
- Transfer the mixture into the same bowl and mix the batter well.
- Cover and ferment in a warm place for 12 hours.
- After fermentation mix the batter gently.
- And now add salt to the batter and mix well.
HOW TO MAKE DOSA’S
- Heat the dosa pan, sprinkle a little water on the tava and wipe it off gently using a tissue.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on tava.
- And spread it in a circular motion thick circle.
- Put some oil over it and along the edges, make sure you cook on a medium flame till the dosa turns brown in colour.
- Serve with chutney and/or sambar.