LOBIA RECIPE (Black Eye Beans Curry)
- 2 cups Lobia (Black Eye Beans)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt To Taste
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (3/4-inch piece) ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp Scant cumin seeds
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- In pot soak beans overnight in water to cover generously. Next day, drain beans, cover
with fresh water and bring to boil.
- Add salt, coriander, cumin and turmeric. Simmer until beans are just tender, about 30 to
- Heat oil in a deep saucepan. Add onion, garlic, ginger and cumin.
- Fry 10 minutes and add tomato. Cook another 5 minutes and add lobia (black eyed
beans) and cooking liquid. Continue to simmer, uncovered, until lobhia are soft but
not completely dissolved.
- Mixture should be soupy