Mysore Kadi Recipe
- Flaked Vegetables like Cucumber, White pumpkin, ladyfinger
- Whole Bengal gram (soaked for half an hour) – 2 tsp
- Coriander seeds – ½ tsp
- Ginger – ½ inch
- Turmeric powder – 2 pinch
- Coriander leaves, chopped – 4 tsp
- Green chilies – 5
- Fresh coconut (grated) – ½ cup
- Buttermilk or fresh curd – 1 cup
- Sour cream – tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cut the vegetables into medium-sized pieces.
- Wipe ladyfinger with a wet cloth to clean them, and then fry them in little oil till they become separated or harder.
- Cook the vegetables with ½ cup of water.
- Grind coconut, coriander seeds, turmeric powder, soaked pulses, with turmeric powder, chilies, and coriander leaves and sour cream.
- Add some water. Add the grinded mixture to cooked vegetables and bring them to boil.
- Add salt and once all the ingredients get cooked well, add buttermilk and
boil for 3-4 minutes. Serve hot with rice or roti.