- 2 cup maida / plain flour
- ¼ tsp ajwain / carom seeds
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin/jeera
- ½ tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- ½ tsp fennel / saunf
- pinch hing / asafoetida
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- ½ cup peas / matar
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder / jeera powder
- ½ tsp aamchur / dry mango powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp pepper, crushed
- ¾ tsp salt
- 4 potato/aloo, boiled & mashed
- 5 cashew / Kaju, chopped
- 2 tbsp raisins / kishmish
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- water, for sealing
- oil, for deep frying
pinch a ball sized dough and grease with oil.
roll the dough into an oval shape.
now cut it horizontally, diving into 2 equal portions using a knife.
grease with water and make a cone.
stuff 2 tbsp of prepared samosa masala into the cone.
grease little water on the edges.
close and seal tightly by pressing firmly.
deep-fry the samosa on a low flame. alternatively, bake at 180 degrees Celcius for 40 minutes.
stir occasionally, frying the samosa on low flame for at least 15 minutes.
once the aloo samosa turns golden and crisp, drain off over kitchen paper.
finally, enjoy aloo samosa with green chutney and tamarind chutney.