- Sooji – 250 gms
- Ginger – ½ inch piece
- Green chilies – 2
- Dried red chilies – 2
- Curry leaves – a few
- Coriander leaves – a few sprigs
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Onion – 1
- Grated coconut, optional – 1 tsp
- Water – 2 ½ cups
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Roast the sooji in a pan without oil, till they become light brown in color.
- Chop the ginger and coriander leaves finely.
- Slit the green chilies into half.
- In a pan, heat the oil.
- Add the mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the chopped ginger, chilies, and curry leaves.
- Stir for some time and then add the onions.
- Fry till the onions become pink in color.
- Now pour water in the pan and let it boil.
- Add salt.
- When the water boils, lower the flame.
- Slowly add the roasted sooji, till all the water evaporates. Add lemon juice.
- Garnish with coriander and grated coconut.